Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Social Studies!

I REALLY love teaching Social Studies in my first grade classroom, but often feel that I am pressed for time or resources.  It was my  goal this summer to make lots of activities that were fun for the kids, yet easy to grade.  So far I have completed one unit.  Not the progress that I was hoping for, but it's a start!

I am really proud of this unit as it covers all the American Folktale Heroes that are a part of our Social Studies curriculum.  It teaches Johnny Appleseed, Paul Bunyan, Davy Crockett, John Henry, and Annie Oakley.  There are fact cards on each character, at least two activities, and an assessment.

This is my first post on TPT so I am very excited!!!!

Click here to snag this Social Studies Unit for your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment