Sunday, July 24, 2011

Columbus who????

At my school in Kindergarten we cover all the American Holidays. Each year when I am teaching this I am always wanting reinforcement activities. It seems like a month after we have talked and talked about Christopher Columbus they have forgotten. And truthfully I realize why.....we talk about a holiday and then move on. I needed a way to spiral the holidays so they would not be forgotten. So I created this holiday packet with games, assessments, and activities to reinforce the holidays throughout the year. Each holiday has it's own fact card, name of the month it is observed, as well as words and pictures associated with the holiday.  The goal is that after discussing a couple holidays students can sort the cards and month according to the holiday. This pocket chart activity could stay in rotation as you discuss more holidays. To check it out click on the picture below!


No comments:

Post a Comment