Thursday, December 1, 2011

Meet James the Elf;)

James is the newest addition to my Kindergarten classroom and my students are enthralled! He appeared this afternoon and after reading the adorable story the voting of the name began! He escaped the fate of the name Jacoin by 1 vote. I have to say I had a sigh of relief;) This is the first year I have done it and so far the students seem to really enjoy our new friend. They did have a lot of questions to which I gave some pretty creative answers;) They were very inquisitive.
Does anyone else do this at their school? What are some fun activities you do? Very excited to hear to any ideas! This is all so new to me! Any suggestions are more than welcomed;) Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

  1. SO stinkin' cute!!! I've thought about getting one, but I'm not sure how my 3rd graders would respond to it.

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an elf in my classroom!! This is the second year I'm doing it. I love finding creative places to hide him... So far he has been hanging from the flag pole, sitting in a pocket on our hundreds chart, and reading a book! Last year, the elf brought our class candy canes for good behavior, and one day he didn't show up (due to bad behavior) and he sent a note instead. Haha, the possibilities are endless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great website for literacy resources for all grades! Please check it out. It’s not completely online yet, but will be soon!

    www.litdiet.org

    Youtube channel with how-to videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/balancedliteracydiet/

    Please spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been awarded the Liebster Blog award. It is being passed on to up-and-coming blogs. Come on over and check it out!

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I awarded you the Liebster blog award too!
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog and that I just passed "The Versatile Blogger Award" on to you! Check it out! :)

    http://mrsungerskinders.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-first-blogger-award-yippee.html

    ReplyDelete