Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Eat More Chicken

           
This is my favorite bullentin board and my Kindergarteners have a blast with it!
The feathers are coffee filters and students color them with markers. The body is a pattern the students trace and cut but you could totally trace their foot. The legs and beak are cut by the students from construction paper. You add eyes and a wattle and ta da a turkey!


Before starting we read the book Turkey Trouble. It's a cute story about a turkey who doesn't want to get eaten for Thanksgiving so he impersonates the other animals on the farm and finally tricks the farmer into eating a pizza he delivers.
The students then brainstorm ideas of what they could ask the farmer to eat if they were the turkey.

3 comments:

  1. AHHH!!! I LOVE this this idea! I'm totally adapting that for my 3rd graders! Thanks, ladies!

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I will totally add this to my files for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I did this with my kinders today and it turned out quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete